Monday, September 29, 2008

September 29, 2008 8:45 p.m.

Last night in Nepal. At least for a while. What a trip! To sum it up into 2 words… beyond imagination! So many new experiences, so many lessons! I will leave the wrap up of the trip write up for later.

Today was a whirlwind day of course! Got up late, said goodbye to Tom who was leaving today, headed into Boudha.

I ordered some pictures for Lama-la and the monks. I then hit the net real quick like for a chat with Tim. Then I tried to find a suitcase around the Stupa, no luck.

I ran back to the monastery and tried to pack a bit better. Not much luck or hope for getting it all neatly packed away, but I could do it… maybe. Lama-la, Dechen, and I headed out. They went into the Home Ministry complex for their passport renewals while I sat in the truck and knit on Anna’s hat. I finished it up while I waited for them.

Then Dechen and I headed back. We nabbed Anna and had lunch together. We were supposed to eat at a fantastic momo restaurant, but it was closed!!! So we went to another place and their momos were not very good. My stomach has been cramping since then.

Anna and Dechen returned to the monastery and I decided to do some last minute errands. I went and picked up the photos. I then had coffee and waited a bit for my shirts to be ready. It was absolutely pouring by this time. I decided to stop and buy an umbrella and I found a super large bag to replace my duffel. I hope there isn’t a size limit on your bag sizes… this thing is huge! Ani has been joking that she’s going to come to the U.S. with me in my bag. She could definitely fit into this one. I really don’t want to pay extra for an oversized bag! Like really don’t want to! Money is all gone. I mean, all gone!

I headed back to the monastery and repacked my stuff. Now I have room for an entire store more of things… hehehe. Which is good as Lama-la has been throwing gifts at me left and right. And it means that I will have to carry fewer bags. But this bag is so hurkin’ I’m not sure how I will carry it at all. It’s like 2 feet wide by 4 feet long!

I wove in some ends on some hats I had knit and then went down for puja. Puja got started really late as the monks were late in returning back from their other puja

I gave Lama-la the hats and Dechen told me that Lama-la would bless my thangkas first thing in the morning so that I could finish packing them.

Tomorrow I hope to get up early. Pack a few more things. I’m all packed except for last minute things like toothpaste, electronics, etc… Have Lama-la bless my things. Get on the net and chat with Tim for a bit. Then come back and say my goodbyes. And then head to the airport where I will begin my stress-free event-free journey home. Amen!

No comments: