Wednesday, September 24, 2008

September 24, 2008 7:34 p.m.

I slept until 6:30 a.m. I think I’ve slept more lately than I have been awake. Oh well. I guess that is what my body needs at the moment.

I made it through all day puja, woo hoo! At the end Lama-la did a special ‘breaking obstacles’ puja. There was an extra special torma made of a being with 3 heads. It was very interesting.

I finally got a hold of Tim after calling our house, his cell, and then finally my cell. He was in the middle of a rescheduled Wheel of the Year class. Hopefully it went well. I’m sure it did! Maybe kind of a coincidence, but in class they were making God’s Eyes and with the extra special torma there was a sort of ‘God’s Eyes’ as its background. Hopefully it turned out well.

Time is really becoming bothersome. Tomorrow afternoon Tinley is coming over to translate. I need to run the thankga to the brocade shop. I need to run to Tomel and pick up my other thankga. I need to run to the photo place and have some photos printed. I know I am going to forget something, like making a copy of the ritual text from today for Tinley. I told him I would and I’ll probably forget, hehehe.

So I’m feeling a bit better today. Still got a headache, but not as much sinus pain. My stomach is a little gurgly and my cramps are probably worse today. I think I’ve been feverish off and on today.

Lama-la is always so concerned. Even Dechen is like a little mother to me. When she isn’t being evil. I think she is a reincarnated demon with a motherly side. Hehehe. I won’t eat at any restaurant for the rest of my stay unless I go with Lama-la. They are certain I’m sick because I’ve been eating outside of the monastery from time to time. It was probably the spam pizza. *shiver* that thing still give me nightmares.

Well, not much to report tonight. Gonna try to go to bed early so that I can hit things pretty early tomorrow. Hopefully morning puja, then internet, then I don’t know, then my appointment with Lama-la.

Gotta figure out how to get it all done! Getter done! Can you believe almost a month is up? I can’t! I would guess that I’ve been here almost 2 weeks if you asked me. If you asked my family they would probably say I’ve been gone a year. Hehehe.

Ok, so gonna go to bed soon. Good night all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww, I hope you feel better tomarrow. I know it sucks to be sick, especially if you have so much going on around you. Take care of yourself.

Katharine