Wednesday, September 24, 2008

September 23, 2008 5:40 p.m.

What happens when you get sick? Life goes on without you. I woke up feeling like I was run over. Congested head, sinuses all clogged, and slight chest pain. On top of that, because the Rinpoche returned yesterday I started my period. I love being sensitive, but there are down sides to it.

I went to morning puja. I then waited till 8:30 a.m. for Tinley and he hadn’t arrived. I knew I wasn’t going to last much longer so I headed into Boudha and chatted with Tim. Then came back and hit the sack. Dechen brought me lunch at 1 p.m. At around 4 p.m. I got up to see what was happening.

Tomorrow is Dakini Day so all day puja. It is a tsok as well so lots of food preparations were in the making. Anna was heading to Gemini (the supermarket) at 5 p.m. so I decided to go with her.

All of the older monks were gone so we took the 3 young monks with us. What fun! Tashi, the young one, is totally ADHD and wouldn’t behave at all for me. He almost got run over a couple of times.

Found out the older monks went for puja at the Royal Palace (although no longer any royalty there). Then found out that Rinpoche and Dechen left while we were gone for the puja.

Don’t know if we are going to have chod tonight as it will depend on if they return in time. What fun!

Wish I wasn’t sick. Wish I wasn’t all crampy. Wish there wasn’t an all day puja tomorrow as I’m not sure I can sit through the whole thing and I would love to.

So this blog won’t go up until the day after tomorrow as I will be here at the monastery all day. I will try to run and give Tim a call in the morning. Don’t know if I will have time for it. I forgot to warn him about the puja as I didn’t realize that so many days had passed.

Since the trip to the store wore me out I am going to rest again for a bit. Miss you all!

No comments: