Monday, September 22, 2008

September 22, 2008 9 p.m.

Sort of a mixed up day. The power went out at around 5 a.m. My laptop was close to being dead. I was hoping the power would come back on after 2 hours. So I left morning puja early to start charging my laptop, clean up my room a bit, and to do my laundry.

The power didn’t come back on till 8 a.m. I’ve usually left by then to get on the net. I waited till 8:20 a.m. to give my laptop a bit of a charge. I know it’s bad for my battery, but I wanted to catch Tim earlier than later. I headed out for Boudha, but plans changed.

I met Tom on the road and he wanted me to go with him to the Sechen dental clinic. We ran back to the monastery. I did my best to tell Ani that she needed to come to the clinic with us. Did a good job, woot! About 2 weeks ago Ani had a tooth that was causing her tons of pain. I gave her aleve and my anbesol that I brought with me for just in case. We ran Ani over there to take x-rays of her tooth.

She needs to have 2 teeth pulled which Tom will do when he returns. Tom is leaving in the morning for Pokura (sp?) to continue work on a dental clinic he is building in a monastery there. He’ll be back in about 4-5 days.

After the x-rays Tom took me over to the Sechen monastery for a look around. Beautiful grounds! And stupas! From there I headed to the internet. Later than usual, but I had a nice chat with Tim and uploaded the rest of the Hindu Temple photos that I wanted to get up.

Ani told me that Rinpoche would return around 1 p.m. I stopped by the carpet place, still no budging, and heading back to the monastery to wait. And wait. On Lama time which means maybe sometime today he would arrive. Ani called to see when they were arriving at 3 p.m. We are told maybe around 4:30 p.m. At 5 p.m. I had to go into Boudha with Lakpa to see about getting my gifted thankga framed with brocade. We didn’t have any luck so we headed back.

Lama-la arrived right after we left. Dang it! I got back and Tom really needed to get on the net. So I ran him into Boudha and found the internet for him. He wanted to call Betsy as it was close to when she gets up. She was delirious. Hehehe.

Got back in time for dinner, but I missed the chod puja again. Dang it! I had fun joking with Dechen. We had to make up for lost time. I swear that people can smell in the air when Lama-la is in. He’s totally exhausted, but still seeing people at 8 p.m.

I forgot, I ran into Tinley again today. He is the Tibetan teacher. He is going to see Lama-la tomorrow. I am going to hang around until after he leaves. I really need to meet with Lama-la and Tinley to fully receive my practice and time is running out so just in case I am hanging around till then.

I don’t know what else is on the schedule for tomorrow. I need Lama-la to bless the items I purchased and to put prayers into the statue he gave me. I need to run my thankga to Tomel to have brocade put on it and I need to pick up my thankga from there. And I need to soak up as much Lama juice as I can as I leave soon.

I know I keep mentioning it, but it seems to be ever present at the back of my mind. I will be somewhere between India and London this time 8 days from now. Oh the horrors. Wish I could upgrade my flight. That would make it so much more enjoyable! Doesn’t take away the stress of my connecting flights. Oh here I go gripping again. Bad me! I should not be gripping in such a land of beauty. I know many of you would happily changes places with me even with just 8 days left even if you were to have horrible luck with connecting flights.

Maybe it’s also my family that keeps reminding me of my time left. They were ready for me to come home before I left. Especially since I was so super busy before leaving. Pagan Pride is done, woo hoo!!! And from what I’ve heard it was a huge success. The Center is in use and being loved. I have some commitments when I return home, but in comparison they will be a cake walk to what I had to do before I left.

Lily, the other night PST, said “me love her, me miss her, and me gonna sit on her!” Isn’t that cute! I told her that she will own my lap when I get home. She said that would be ok. Wonder if Tim will be ok with Lily sitting on me while he is trying to cuddle my guts out?

Oh, oh, Bella lost her first tooth while I’ve been gone. Dang it! Anna had her first kiss! And second, and third, and fourth… I think she’s trying to make up for lost time. We’re going to have to buy Eryk some chap stick. What flavor should we get him Anna?

I have done hardly any knitting here. No time. But now all the monks are psyched about the hats. Anna demanded one. The one I’m currently knitting will fit her perfectly. I knit almost a whole hat while waiting for Lama-la today. I might knit on it a bit more before going to bed. Too bad I’ll only have 6 or 7 done before I leave. I will have to continue knitting on them and send them over as I complete them. It will be required in order for me to leave I’m sure. Everyone is fascinated that I am making them.

Well, not a whole lot went on today as it was a hurry up and wait day. So I’m going to work on the hat and then hit the sack. 4:30 a.m. comes early!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi little sista,
I hadn't read up for a while but just spent some time and got caught up. Some very interesting happenings. Can't wait to see all the pics when you get home.
Love to you dear.
Marcie