Sunday, August 31, 2008

Day One

Well, I can’t believe I’m doing it. This hurts! I can’t believe that I chose to leave my family for a month, 32 days to be exact! I’m having troubles writing about it as I’m tearing up again. Madalyn was so sweet and tender as I said my good byes. Anna had to be silly in order to keep from crying. I know the little ones will miss me, especially Lily, but they were too excited at the moment because grandma was on her way over.

Tim was crying. I kept telling him silly things. Pinched his nipple for crying. I felt like I had run over his dog.

Just took a short break for some sea salt and vinegar pretzel nuggets and ginger ale. I am exhausted. It feels good not to be running constantly any more.
I have a really cool monitor in front of me. I can choose to watch a program, but instead I am watching a moving map of where I am. I am currently southwest of Calgary in the Purcell Mountain range. 7 hours and 48 minutes remaining.

Oh my goodness, I want to smoke. Tim told me that nicotine gum really helps. Whatev. The instructions say to chew until “peppery”, they mean until so nasty you’d rather lick out a well used ashtray than chew the gum. Kack! And I’m sorry but I love the whole inhaling part. I asked Tim if I was supposed to inhale the gum. Dang it!

I am currently flying on a 777. First class has those cool seat/beds. So jealous! Wonder if I can upgrade on the way home. So in my seat was a blanket, pillow, and a bag. In the bag is headphones, socks, eyeshades, toothbrush, and toothpaste. Oh and dinner is almost served. I’m flying on British Airways, do you think they’ll serve hagus?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun flight...heheh. Miss you baby! Hope the haggis was well done...B)